Image Map

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Las Vegas Review

I longed to go to the Teachers Pay Teachers Conference forever.  I would click on the registration and start to register and then change my mind.  I wasn't sure if my schedule was going to allow me to go because my girls and I had just made a move from South Korea back to Indiana.  Finally, just a few days before the conference I decided I was just going to do it.  I booked that trip and I am so darn happy I did!

For starters, booking at the last minute has its ups and downs.  The down was that my flight cost just a little bit more than I would have liked.  However, I got over that really quick once I got to Vegas.  Oh my heck!  The Palazzo was amazing and they sure spoiled me!  I knew something was up when the guy at the front desk said, "we are going to spoil you tonight."  Well folks, booking at the last minute also has its ups and by ups I mean super, special perks.  I got to spend the night in a king suite?!?!  What the what!?!?!  I walked around that room giggling and laughing like a child.  I have a 2 and 5 year old, so having that suite to myself for awhile was out of this world!


I flew in Thursday night, so I pampered myself in that room and prepped for the big conference day!  That consisted of relaxing in the jacuzzi, laying my clothes out for the morning, and laying in that king sized bed I had all to myself!  It really was so amazing.  I NEVER get alone time and believe me when I say I was soaking it up!

The conference was everything I imagined it to be and more!  The keynote speeches were perfection.  I learned Amy from TpT is just a sweetheart, Paul Edelman is "good people", and Deanna Jump is just so stinkin' adorable!  The sessions were so informative and beneficial.  My sessions were led by Amanda Nickerson at One Extra Degree, Erica Bohrer at Erica's Ed-Ventures, Cara Carroll at First Grade Parade, Hadar at Miss Kindergarten, and Erin Cobb at I'm Lovin' Lit.  I was star struck throughout the day as I constantly saw teacher authors I love and bloggers I adore.  I was so busy chatting and soaking it all in that I truly didn't take many pictures.  Here are the few that I did snap. 


Okay, Deanna Jump is so adorable and sweet in person.  I felt like a giant standing next to her and had to retake the pic after seeing it.  I decided if I bent over a bit I wouldn't look so huge!  I was star struck when I met Amy Lemons.  She has been an all time favorite from the beginning.  I felt silly when I met her because I honestly felt like I said everything wrong.....like telling her "I felt like a stalker" trying to get a pic with her!  Seriously!  Not the right choice of words!  Rachelle from What the Teacher Wants is also a favorite and I was thrilled to see her.  The Fluttering Through First gals were as sweet as could be!  All day was an endless jolt of excitement.  Everywhere I turned I saw my TpT stars!!!!  The gal below from First Grade Centers and More was so much fun!  We kind of adopted each other for the day and had some fun during the last session and happy hour.


I am already thinking about next year!  I can't wait to go again and refuse to miss the opportunity.  If you didn't go this year, you must start planning for next year.  You won't be disappointed!



6 comments:

  1. I want to go! I'll save my pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it to the conference! You are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaymie, I had so much fun with you! Brittany, you must join me next year! Hadar, you ROCKED your session and we all loved how helpful and informative you were! I hope you will be presenting next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up Amanda. Hope to meet you next year!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I not see this before?!?! I am so glad I got to meet you too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete